Scan Through Frames

Friday, February 22, 2019

Coming Soon: A Series on The Last Jedi

The Last Jedi.

Reading that title might have stirred some strong emotions, positive or negative or both. At the time of this post, the film has been out for fourteen months (or so).

To say that it is a divisive film is to understate. I think that it's fair to say that TLJ completely shattered the Star Wars fanbase. It's difficult - no, impossible - to mention TLJ on Reddit (or anywhere else on the Internet for that matter) and not get jumped on for liking the film or dragged into an echochamber of hatred.

Personally, I unabashedly loved TLJ. And, much like The Phantom Menace, I think a lot of the hate it gets is unwarranted. Over the next few weeks, I am going to be writing a number of posts about some of the common criticisms for The Last Jedi, whether I agree with them or not, and try to add my own opinion into the mix.

What topics will I cover?

  • Luke Skywalker
  • Admiral Holdo
  • Canto Bight
  • Supreme Leader Snoke (and his fate)
  • Rey's Parentage and Origin

Is that going to be the order that I write them in? Maybe, maybe not. Is that going to be everything? Probably not. I also need to come up with a cool name for the series. I'll think of something eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment